From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Richard Yao <ryao@×××××××××××××.edu>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Richard "ryao" Yao
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 00:03:48
1 On 05/17/2012 08:31 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Good evening everyone,
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce a new Gentoo developer. Richard
5 > "ryao" Yao, is joining us from Stony Brook, New York and he will
6 > working on fbsd and zfs related areas. Here is how he describes
7 > himself:
8 >
9 > "I hold a bachelor of science in Applied Mathematics and
10 > Statistics, and Computer Science, from the State University of New
11 > York. I am pursuing a PhD in Computer Science at the same
12 > institution. My primary research interests involve operating system
13 > design, security and parallel computing. I have also written
14 > backend software for a RFID item tracking system used by a startup
15 > from my university's electrical engineering department to track
16 > items owned by residents in retirement homes to keep them from
17 > being lost in things like the laundry or trash. It runs on Gentoo
18 > Linux, although the source code specific to their business is not
19 > publically available. I am currently working on ZFS support in
20 > Gentoo Linux. I have a great interest in Gentoo Alt projects and I
21 > like RISC computing. My favorite programming languages are C and
22 > C++."
23 >
24 > Please give him a warm welcome
25
26 Stony Brook just rang a bell: their file system lab
27 <http://www.fsl.cs.stonybrook.edu/> has loads of interesting stuff.
28
29 Good to have you, Richard!
30