From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Elections <elections@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Election Results for term 2018/2019 - verification of election result needed
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 06:35:37
1 W dniu pią, 13.07.2018 o godzinie 05∶50 +0000, użytkownik Robin H.
2 Johnson napisał:
3 > Point of order: Can the Infra contact for the election please clarify
4 > the exact time that countify phase was run, because it looks like the
5 > election was closed the election 20 minutes early.
6
7 I don't see any evidence to that. FWICS, the cronjob was simply running
8 at :10 and :40, so obviously the last run happened at :40, and it was
9 closed already at the next iteration of cronjob. I did not set that
10 cronjob, I have no clue why it was set to run like that and I was not
11 informed that I need to account for that.
12
13 According to ballot file timestamps, there were two voters who voted
14 between 23:40 and midnight, and votes of both are present in the master
15 ballot. The number of votes collected matches the number of files
16 present right now. There are no files created past midnight.
17
18 Countify was run at ~6:19 the next morning.
19
20 Unless you have a very good reason to suspect that someone went as far
21 as to create a submitted ballot manually after midnight and change its
22 timestamp to cover the fact, I don't think we have any reason to
23 be concerned with the results. That said, I'm all for improving
24 the election software to prevent that.
25
26 > From previously running Gentoo elections, I KNOW that last-minute votes
27 > have taken place.
28 >