From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2021-05-09
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 18:12:23
1 > On 3 May 2021, at 16:48, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 >> [snip]
4 >
5 > Seriously, if the council would send a polite and friendly request to
6 > the foundation, and the trustees would outright refuse it only for
7 > that formal reason, I would consider that hostile and unconstructive
8 > behavior. Law doesn't come in because the trustees themselves can
9 > introduce motions.
10 >
11 > We should try to work together.
12 >
13 > If some of us don't do that, we need to find a better solution for
14 > Gentoo. That's why (following the ugly debates around Ian) I want a
15 > single elected body to be responsible.
18 That, and generally, you don’t go straight to legal solutions.
19
20 I think we’re worrying about a non-problem (some hypothetical
21 legal dispute(!?)). The council
22 Is free to discuss what it likes. Someone has raised the issue,
23 so why not?
24
25 Reminder that none of us are lawyers and the council’s job
26 is to debate things. Let’s not be shy about it doing that.
27
28 > --
29 > Andreas K. Hüttel
30 > dilfridge@g.o
31 > Gentoo Linux developer
32 > (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)