From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] 'Gentoo in 2020', next round
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 08:27:01
1 On 1/14/21 12:45 AM, Andreas K. Hüttel wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > taking over on Michal's request, here is latest version of the "2020 in
5 > retrospect" post.
6 >
7 > https://gist.github.com/akhuettel/a5ffcce70f3b3152fc9d654b696bbbe7
8 >
9 > The first paragraph (above "Gentoo in numbers") will be the text visible on
10 > the main www.g.o. page.
11 >
12 > Let's publish this sometime on the weekend; in the meantime, feedback and more
13 > suggestions for content are welcome.
14 >
15 > Please keep in mind that here we want to mainly show off **user-visible**
16 > news.
17 >
18 > Cheers,
19 > Andreas
20 >
21 ------
22 2020 featured almost 25500 bugs reported, compared to 15000 in 2019. ...
23 The total number of bugs closed in 2020 was 23500, compared to 15000 in
24 2019.
25 ------
26
27 15000 created and closed bugs in 2019 seems suspicious. Could that
28 number be verified? I see even in 2020 the numbers are very close to
29 each other. But just in case.
32 ------
33 packages.gentoo.org The packages website has received a lot of
34 improvements towards being a central source of information on Gentoo
35 packages. It now shows the results of QA checks, bugs, pull requests
36 referencing a package, and a maintainer dashboard indicating
37 stabilization candidates and outdated versions (according to Repology).
38 ------
39
40 I'd like to add somewhere that these new checks are fully uniquely
41 customizable via session (cookies?). For anyone wondering what I'm
42 talking about, check
43   https://packages.gentoo.org/user/preferences
44   https://packages.gentoo.org/user/preferences/packages
47 Then the last part... discontinued projects. I'd like to end this on a
48 happier note. Like moving the whole "Please note that we can describe
49 here only a few major items. We would like to thank all Gentoo
50 developers for their relentless everyday Gentoo work. While they are
51 often not recognized for this work, Gentoo could not exist without
52 them." part at the very end, and somehow disconnect it from
53 "Discontinued projects" via markdown. Just my opinion.
54
55 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature