From: Tobias Heinlein <keytoaster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Jonathan Callen (ABCD)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:44:00
1 Around for almost a month already has been Jonathan "ABCD" Callen. He is
2 one of our newest developers, and guess what, I failed to write the
3 announcement in time. Let me introduce Jonathan to everyone who does not
4 know him yet:
5
6 Jonathan is joining us from Leesburg, Virginia. He has already been
7 working with the KDE team for quite some time now. His skills include
8 writing patches for bash, C, C++, Java, Autoconf, Automake, Makefiles,
9 and cmake, and he says he has used Java for school projects. He has
10 contributed to MediaWiki and to the Battle of Wesnoth game.
11
12 Jonathan has worked in retail for a couple of years. He has been
13 involved in the Boy Scouts of America for the last 15 years, first as a
14 youth member, now as an Assistant Scoutmaster.
15
16 He is currently a student at Northern Virginia Community College,
17 majoring in computer science. Upon graduation, he expects to go to
18 George Mason University. He lives at home with his parents, two younger
19 brothers, and his younger sister. He is an avid reader, mainly of
20 science fiction and fantasy, and, until recently, worked in the local
21 bookstore.
22
23 Although it's a bit late now, please give him a warm welcome.
24
25 Regards,
26 Tobias