From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Jonathan Scruggs (dracwyrm)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 20:39:09
1 On 18-01-26 20:02:33, Amy Liffey wrote:
2 > Dear everyone,
3 >
4 > It's a pleasure to announce Jonathan Scruggs (dracwyrm) as a Gentoo
5 > Developer!
6 >
7 > He has been contributing to Gentoo for a long time through the Proxy
8 > maintainers project and fixing various packages.
9 >
10 > Here is how he describes himself:
11 >
12 > I have a Computer Science degree from SIUE and currently work and live
13 > in the U.K. I've been using Gentoo Linux since 2001 and it's my main
14 > desktop. Though, I do have Windows 10 KVM guest that I use for gaming
15 > and another guest for stable Gentoo testing. I continue to study
16 > programming languages as a side hobby, because I like to keep up with
17 > current technology. Currently I'm taking courses in 3D graphic design
18 > and animation for game programming. Ever since I was a little boy, I
19 > enjoyed the outdoors, hiking, and camping with Scouts. Today, I continue
20 > these activities as an Assistant Scout Leader with the local troop. I've
21 > been to Scout camps throughout the world and met many wonderful people
22 > that I still keep in touch with. On Sundays, I spend my time playing
23 > Table Top RPGs and part of the local club as both a player and Game
24 > Master (D&D 5e) -- it's a great way to relieve the stress built up
25 > during the week!
28 > Please everyone join me in giving him a warm welcome!
31 Welcome to gentoo, always nice to have a have another developer.
32
33 Maybe we should start an online 5e campaign some time :D
36 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)