From: "Manuel RĂ¼ger" <mrueg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:25:20
1 On 30.09.2015 16:01, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > the Gentoo Council will meet again on Sunday, October 11 at 19:00 UTC in
5 > #gentoo-council on freenode.
6 >
7 > Please reply to this message with any items you would like us to discuss
8 > or vote on.
9 >
10 > The summary of the last meeting will be uploaded over the next 2-3 days; my
11 > apologies for the delay.
12 >
13 > Thanks,
14 > Andreas
17 I'd like the council to vote on EAPI 4 deprecation.
18
19 Rationale: As [1] shows, it takes a long time to remove packages using
20 deprecated EAPI versions from the tree. Marking EAPI 4 as deprecated,
21 leaves us with EAPI 5 as the only "modern" EAPI, resulting in a
22 (hopefully) quicker removal of old EAPIs, as developers will consider
23 bumping to the latest EAPI when version/revbumping ebuilds (as repoman
24 will mention the deprecated EAPI).
25
26 [1] http://www.akhuettel.de/~huettel/plots/eapi.php
29 Cheers,