From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Andreas Sturmlechner (asturm)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 12:01:32
1 On 12/28/2016 06:47 PM, Amy Winston wrote:
2 > Good day/night to everyone!
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family.
5 > Andreas Sturmlechner is joining us from Vienna, Austria.
6 > He has been working on KDE and various packages through Github (and will
7 > continue his work as an official developer). Here
8 > is how he describes himself:
9 >
10 > "I am from Austria and I attended a higher school for software
11 > engineering, where I actually got introduced to Gentoo by one of my
12 > teachers. It caught my interest like no distribution before, and I've
13 > been working with it ever since. My day job is not really related to my
14 > education, I'm running a photography equipment rental together with my
15 > brother in Vienna. This is very time consuming by itself, but I can
16 > apply my acquired skills at work and spend much of my free time on
17 > Gentoo, KDE and related projects. I am now looking forward to be able to
18 > commit to Gentoo on my own responsibility, and want to thank all the
19 > devs that have spent their time on reviewing and improving my
20 > contributions to the point where I feel comfortable with it."
21 >
22 > Please give him a warm welcome !
25 Glad to have you on board!
26