From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Merging Trustees and Council / Developers and Foundation
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 22:20:48
1 I personally oppose merging the foundation and dev community.
2
3 As someone else pointed out, there are ways to contribute to gentoo that do
4 not involve developing.
5
6 This in turn causes me to frown at the notion that a council elected only
7 by developers should control global issues that affect more than just
8 developers.
9
10 As I understand it, council is the final court of appeal for technical or
11 dev issues, and IMHO should remain that way.