From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-07-29
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 18:38:58
1 >>>>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018, Manuel Rüger wrote:
2
3 > On 14.07.2018 19:33, William Hubbs wrote:
4 >> I'm not sure this is an agenda item since there is really nothing
5 >> for us to do for it in a meeting; [...]
6
7 > In my opinion there is still a difference between implicit and
8 > explicit agreement to a CoC, as explicit agreeement makes knowledge
9 > about the CoC undeniable.
10
11 I agree with William here.
12
13 If this is addressed at the council, then the council has explicitly
14 approved the CoC in its 2007-03-15 meeting [1]. Usually we don't
15 reiterate past decisions for the sole purpose of confirming them.
16 I also think there is no doubt that the CoC is in force.
17
18 However, if your request is addressed at council members as
19 individuals, then it is not an agenda item. (Of course, council
20 members can still make a statement as requested.)
21
22 Ulrich
23
24 [1] https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20070315.txt