From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Clarify language of GLEP 39
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 14:33:25
1 >>>>> On Sun, 15 Jan 2017, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 >> I am not really sure what all the fluff is about, but I simply
4 >> asked a yes or no question. More plainly, do you really think the
5 >> council has jurisdiction over GLEP39?
6
7 > Honestly, I think my answer to that one is that it isn't really clear,
8 > and as a result I think it is something best steered clear of. I
9 > won't argue that it doesn't have jurisdiction, but I wouldn't act as
10 > if it does at least as far as the Council's own role is concerned.
11 > That's just my opinion. The Council might have a different one, and
12 > if GLEP39 wants to post his own opinion on the matter I'm certainly
13 > interested in it. :)
14
15 In fact, the council has already clarified its opinion on the matter
16 in a previous decision:
17
18 * Donnie asked for a clarification by the council members on
19 whether they think a global dev vote is required to update GLEP39
20 or not. The council voted 5 yes and 1 no that the council can't
21 change GLEP39 as it requires a full developer vote.
22
23 https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20110715-summary.txt
24
25 Ulrich