From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Fwd: Distro Summit 2010: Call for Papers
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:25:23
1 This is excessively interesting. They don't specify a restricted set
2 of topics, so probably anything FOSS goes. Anybody interested in
3 replying to the CfP? /me looks at the experienced set of Gentoo devs
4 :}
7 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
8 From: martin f krafft <madduck@××××××.org>
9 Date: Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 8:33 PM
10 Subject: Distro Summit 2010: Call for Papers
11 To: distributions@×××××××××××××××××.org
14 [ObFront distributions mailing list: please redistribute in your distros!]
15
16 ===============
17 CALL FOR PAPERS
18 ===============
19
20 Distro Summit 2010 is a one-day technical conference with a strong focus on
21 collaboration between Free Software distributions hosted at the linux.conf.au
22 2010.
23
24 We are looking for proposals from any Free Software distribution, from the
25 typical full distributions (both linux and non-linux) to the niche market
26 derivatives.
27
28 In spite of the strong focus on collaboration between Free Software
29 distributions, topics may include packaging, maintenance, relationship with
30 upstream developers, release management and QA.
31
32 For more informtion, please visit: http://distrosummit.org.
35 Important dates
36 ===============
37
38  * Call for papers ends: Wednesday 30 September 2009
39  * Announcing the schedule: Friday 2 October 2009
40  * Conference begins: Monday 18 January 2010
43 Presentation types
44 ==================
45
46 We will accept proposals for:
47
48  * 25 minute standard-length presentations;
49  * 50 minute long presentations.
50
51 Session lengths include time for audience questions.
52
53 We intend for standard-length presentation to make up the vast majority of our
54 presentations. If you plan on submitting a proposal for a long presentation, a
55 willingness to present a standard-length presentation will impact positively on
56 your proposal.
59 Submit a proposal
60 =================
61
62 To submit your proposal, we'll need the following information:
63
64  * Your name, contact details and a short biography;
65  * Your proposal title;
66  * Intended audience;
67  * An abstract;
68  * Presentation outline;
69  * Presentation type (standard-length or long).
70
71 To submit a proposal, or get more information, please write to
72 cfp@××××××××××××.org.
75 About the Distro Summit
76 =======================
77
78 The Distro Summit 2010 is a one-day developer conference with a strong focus on
79 collaboration between free software distributions hosted at the linux.conf.au
80 2010 (http://www.lca2010.org.nz). In addition to a schedule of technical,
81 social and policy talks, the Distro Summit provides an opportunity for
82 developers, contributors and other interested people to meet in person and work
83 together more closely.
84
85 Previous similar events have featured speakers from around the world. They have
86 also been extremely beneficial for developing key free software software
87 components and for improving collaboration and sharing between the different
88 distributions.
91 Target Audience
92 ===============
93
94 The Distro Summit is (mainly) a technical event, but this does not mean that
95 the only target audience are developers and maintainers of free software
96 distributions: the event will feature talks that range from the development to
97 real-world use cases, going through marketing and the social aspects of the
98 maintenance of free software distributions.
101 Martin Krafft
102 on the behalf of the Distro Summit organizers
103
111
113 Distributions mailing list
114 Distributions@×××××××××××××××××.org