From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: grobian@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Council meeting: Tuesday 11 November 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 18:02:07
1 On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 22:28:16 +0100
2 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > 2. Handling separate /usr support[1] (15 minutes)
5 > - approve/disapprove plan (forcing everyone to take action, and
6 > implement one of the two "supported" solutions)
7
8 Note: not every bootable gentoo system is linux + udev based (or
9 whatever is the reason for this deprecation). From what I know, FreeBSD
10 has no plan to deprecate separate /usr and neither does our
11 Gentoo/FreeBSD port.
12
13 > - approve/disapprove removal of gen_usr_ldscript
14
15 I'm not sure what you meant here, but if that meant 'make it a no-op on
16 systems where it makes sense', then fine by me. Otherwise, please keep
17 in mind that removing it will also affect g/fbsd where this is still
18 needed in order to have a sane / and /usr separation.