From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Looking for ways the Foundation can accomplish its mission.
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 13:55:09
1 On 06/09/18 13:47, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Dear Gentoo Community,
3 >
4 > I have recently become the President of the Gentoo Foundation Inc. The
5 > Foundation's documents[0] provide fairly terse guidance on how the
6 > Foundation is to be operated. The Foundation currently provides
7 > funding for Gentoo Infrastructure, and very little else. Part of my
8 > job as President is to determine what additional activities the
9 > Foundation can pursue (if any); and to determine how the Foundation
10 > can improve Gentoo by investing in infrastructure, while still meeting
11 > the spirit of the other restrictions on Foundation activities[1]. So
12 > community, how do you think the Foundation can assist the development
13 > of Gentoo?
14 >
15 > Some ideas might be:
16 >  - Host a Gentoo Conference.
17 >  - Host a bug-bounty program.
18 >  - Fund talks about Gentoo development activities at industry conferences.
19 >  - Invest significantly in Infrastructure spending to fund ambitious
20 > projects.
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 >
24 > -Alec
25 > President, Gentoo Foundation Inc.
26 >
27 > [0] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Main_Page#Tasks_of_the_Gentoo_Foundation
28 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Main_Page#Gentoo_is_independent
29 Just saying, but you might wanna throw this out a little bit wider, if
30 truly addressing the 'real' community as opposed to the group of devs
31 commonly referred to as the "gentoo community" (both non-caps).
32
33 MJE