From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-10-14
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 12:52:06
1 On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 08:05:20AM +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Thu, 11 Oct 2018, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
3 >
4 > > Then please write this explicitly in the proposed change. Right now
5 > > it is only "shall" vs "must" difference which may confuse people
6 > > and create misunderstanding in future.
7 >
8 > To say it with very simple words (and borrowing a phrase from the
9 > old Ebuild HOWTO): There can be ebuilds in the Gentoo repository that
10 > don't use the simplified attribution, but *your* ebuild should.
11
12 Ulrich,
13
14 sorry if I'm repeating a question about this that was already asked, but
15 I'm confused about something.
16
17 Under this proposal, are copyright notices allowed that do not mention
18 Gentoo Authors at all?
19
20 I work for the same Company as dol-sen, and we may need to put the
21 company's copyright on any new ebuilds we write on work time.
22
23 Thanks,
24
25 William