From: Tomas Mozes <hydrapolic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [Bugzilla] IP-based limits
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 04:56:21
1 On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 8:39 PM Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 11:24 AM Tomas Mozes <hydrapolic@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >> On Wednesday, August 12, 2020, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
8 >> > Bugzilla now has connection limits per IP. I won't say what the limit
9 >> is, but if you are crawling bugzilla or using automated tools from a single
10 >> source IP you may hit the limit and receive 503's for requests over the
11 >> limit.
12 >> > This may be a particular problem for users behind things like carrier
13 >> grade NAT (where many users are multiplexed through a single egress IP.)
14 >> However we have seen numerous slowdowns from bot traffic and this is a
15 >> relatively straightforward change to make on our end. If you believe you
16 >> are being unfairly limited / blocked, please reach out to
17 >> infra@g.o.
18 >> > Thanks,
19 >> > -A
20 >>
21 >> Wouldn't 429 be more appropriate?
24 > The limiter doesn't support this, sorry.
25 >
26 > -A
30 >> Tomas
34 It also seems that bgo loads much faster. Have any changes been done in
35 this direction too? Anyways, thanks!
36
37 Tomas