From: Amy Winston <amynka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o, asturm@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Andreas Sturmlechner (asturm)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 09:48:31
1 Good day/night to everyone!
2
3 It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family.
4 Andreas Sturmlechner is joining us from Vienna, Austria.
5 He has been working on KDE and various packages through Github (and will
6 continue his work as an official developer). Here
7 is how he describes himself:
8
9 "I am from Austria and I attended a higher school for software
10 engineering, where I actually got introduced to Gentoo by one of my
11 teachers. It caught my interest like no distribution before, and I've
12 been working with it ever since. My day job is not really related to my
13 education, I'm running a photography equipment rental together with my
14 brother in Vienna. This is very time consuming by itself, but I can
15 apply my acquired skills at work and spend much of my free time on
16 Gentoo, KDE and related projects. I am now looking forward to be able to
17 commit to Gentoo on my own responsibility, and want to thank all the
18 devs that have spent their time on reviewing and improving my
19 contributions to the point where I feel comfortable with it."
20
21 Please give him a warm welcome !