From: Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Jimi Huotari <chiitoo@g.o>
Subject: Re: Shutting down the Off the Wall (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items ...)
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 15:17:25
1 On Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2020 23:07:01 CET Jimi Huotari wrote:
2 > On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 08:16:16 -0800
3 > Speaking of my thoughts and about how I felt about the situation from
4 > around the time when this topic came up again this year: we have the
5 > bug(s) and complaints from the other year, yeah, but I for one seriously
6 > did not realise we were in such a hurry.
7 >
8 > ...
9 >
10 > To go back to the topic of urgency for a bit, bug 677824 [1] last said:
11 >
12 > "Closing for now, as discussed in today's council meeting. Please reopen
13 > when there is input from the mailing list."
14
15 I'm sure I'm not the only dev who rather regretfully spends time on that
16 topic, so the discussion died down, but with bug 677824 in deferred/unresolved
17 state it was really only a matter of time for it to re-erupt on a random event
18 as nothing has changed since in OTW, both wrt lack of moderation and public
19 visibility. None of which should have depended on council action to change,
20 but simply on awareness in the forum moderation team.
21