From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-01-10
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 18:03:56
1 >>>>> On Sun, 27 Dec 2015, Justin Lecher (jlec) wrote:
2
3 > the Gentoo Council will meet again on Sunday, January 10 at 19:00 UTC
4 > in #gentoo-council on FreeNode.
5
6 > Please reply to this message with any items you would like us to discuss
7 > or vote on.
8
9 I would like the council to vote on banning EAPIs 0 and 3:
10 "EAPIs 0 and 3 are banned. This ban includes both new ebuilds and
11 updating the EAPI in existing ebuilds."
12
13 Since EAPI 1 is on its way out of the tree (only 13 ebuilds left as of
14 today), I think we should also drop the exception which had been added
15 in the 2014-03-11 meeting:
16 "In case of non-maintainer commits to fix dependencies, EAPI=0 ebuilds
17 may be updated to EAPI=1 to keep the changes at a non-intrusive level,
18 as a temporary workaround."
19
20 Ulrich