From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2020 / 2021 election - Nominations Now Open
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 17:58:50
1 On 2020-06-23 19:34, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2020-06-23 at 19:17 +0200, Patrick Lauer wrote:
3 >> We haven't had a new EAPI in a while. I hope it stays that way,
4 >
5 > Are you saying you're against fixing bugs in the current EAPI and would
6 > prefer ignoring the problems that have been identified so far?
7
8 Have you stopped punching yourself?
9
10 Nice false dichotomy you've set up, let me instead talk about something
11 unrelated ...
12 >
13 >> and we
14 >> might even reduce the amount of active EAPIs even more so that there's
15 >> fewer surprises
16 >
17 > Are you going to achieve that by committing more ebuilds using
18 > deprecated EAPIs?
19 >
20 Ah damn it must feel good to yell at people.
21
22 I know what you mean, you know what you mean, everyone else is most
23 likely confused.
24
25 ... do you think this is a good use of time of the readers of this
26 mailinglist?
27
28 May I suggest that you keep your personal grievances to yourself and
29 possibly, maybe, not bother other people with it? But that's too much to
30 ask, and you REALLY like to attack me personally. (Like, I write two
31 emails and BAM there's a gorny trying to throw shade ... which is why
32 I've mostly abstained from mailinglists for a while. Too predictable and
33 no useful results)
34
35 So to get back to your first question, if there are useful changes then
36 of course we can discuss them. From my point of view that's fixing the
37 wrong things (the ebuild format in itself is ... hmm ... not very
38 optimal). And we've backdated changes into existing EAPIs, so if it's
39 "just" a bug the specification could be ammended and problem solve.
42 To get back to the issue of personal attacks, I don't particularly enjoy
43 your brand of negativity, and would appreciate it if you didn't spray it
44 around like a male cat. I doubt you'll even understand this, as you've
45 carefully managed to skip any criticism before.
48 Oh well, didn't have a proper flamewar in a while. Not going to have
49 one. Sad.
52 Be excellent to each other,
53
54 Patrick