From: Stuart Longland <redhatter@g.o>
To: Chris Brannon <cbrannon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Christopher "cbrannon" Brannon
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 01:45:38
1 On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:15:03PM +0000, Chris Brannon wrote:
2 > Stuart Longland writes:
3 > > CQ Gentoo, CQ Gentoo, CQ Gentoo de VK4MSL/P. Seems we're getting a few
4 > > amateurs in amongst the Gentoo ranks these days. Makes me wonder
5 > > whether it's worth setting up some EchoLink conference for Gentoo...
6 >
7 > Yes, there seems to be a fair bit of cross-over between amateur radio and
8 > Linux in general.
9
10 Indeed.
11
12 > Unfortunately, isn't EchoLink a Windows-only thing, more or less?
13 > I never used that. If I remember my history, it was getting popular in
14 > 2000 or so, around the same time that I was switching to Linux.
15
16 There is Qtel and svxlink. I'm still waiting for upstream to release
17 the Qt4 version as a package as well as figuring out how I can sensibly
18 split the package into several components that can be installed
19 individually.
20
21 Qtel does work however (even on MIPS) if you download the svxlink
22 project from their SVN repository and build the Qt4 branch.
23 --
24 Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL) .'''.
25 Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer '.'` :
27 http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter :.'
28
29 I haven't lost my mind...
30 ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.