From: "Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] Triumvirate in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:41:51
1 [2020-06-04 09:15:37+0200] Michał Górny:
2 > All that said, I'd propose to meet in the middle -- following
3 > the ancient tradition, establish a triumvirate in Gentoo. It would be:
4 >
5 > 1. Technical lead -- a person with exceptional technical talents that
6 > would build the vision of Gentoo from technical perspective, i.e. make
7 > a distribution that people would love using. Initially, this role could
8 > be taken by the QA lead.
9 >
10 > 2. Social lead -- a person with exceptional social skills that would
11 > build the vision of Gentoo from community perspective, i.e. make
12 > a distribution that people would love contributing to. Initially, this
13 > role would taken by the ComRel lead.
14 >
15 > 3. Organization lead -- a person with (exceptional) business skills that
16 > would take care of all the financial and organizational aspects of
17 > Gentoo, i.e. make a distribution that sustains. Initially, this role
18 > would be taken by the Foundation president.
19 >
20 > Three seems to be a very good number -- on one hand, it's more than one,
21 > so the others can stop any single one from getting absolute power.
22 > On the other, it's small enough for them to be able to actively work
23 > together and directly establish a common set of goals (i.e. via
24 > an agreement rather than a majority vote).
27 > WDYT?
28
29 Sounds quite interesting, would they also have elections like other
30 bodies in gentoo?
31 This way we do not end up with three dictators / immortals.
32
33 And I think there should maybe be two per lead, it's still very easy
34 to reach consensus at 6 but it avoids getting to single-handed decisions,
35 specially when something only actually concerns one viewpoint/skill.
36
37 Best regards,