From: "Petteri R├Ąty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: reopening gentoo-council
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 20:44:44
On 31.07.2011 19:51, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> [...]
Some background information for why the decision was initially made is available at: Your rational is a bit off or can be understood incorrectly in how the current rules go. Discussion should happen on the on topic mailing list (most of the time gentoo-dev or gentoo-project). gentoo-project is only used to submit threads to the agenda regardless of where the discussion happens. gentoo-dev-announce can be used to draw attention to important things. How do you propose people decide if something is gentoo-council material or do we go back to the situation where threads get fragmented to multiple mailing lists? If actual discussion happens elsewhere than gentoo-council then I don't think we need a separate mailing list just for handling agendas etc. Finally I think gentoo-project / gentoo-dev reach a wider audencience but we should get verified numbers from infra. Regards, Petteri

Subject Author
[gentoo-project] Re: reopening gentoo-council Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>