From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 20:25:48
1 W dniu wto, 27.03.2018 o godzinie 14∶12 -0600, użytkownik Daniel Robbins
2 napisał:
3 > On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > > Sure they can do anything. And what we can do in return is to stop
7 > > developing Gentoo and let Trustees build their great Gentoo without
8 > > the code to actually run it.
11 > You can't in one breath complain that the trustees need to be doing more,
12 > and then in another say that if they actually do what they are supposed to
13 > be doing, you're going to leave the project. That is a catch-22 situation
14 > seemingly designed to benefit no one except for those who desire to
15 > continue to whine and complain but without the actual initiative to start
16 > their own Open Source project.
17
18 I never said that they need to be doing more.
19
20 > It is very clear what the authority of the trustees is. You making threats
21 > on mailing lists about consequences for the trustees exercising their fully
22 > justified legal authority is not a great position to put yourself in.
25 I'm merely making a verbose point of 'with great power comes great
26 responsibility'.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny