From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:34:12
1 My personal opinion here is that *anything* to do with legal issues, such
2 as legal liability, no matter how theoretical, is something the trustees
3 should be involved in.
4
5 Per my own dev quiz, the foundation's job is to worry about legal issues
6 (lawsuits, copyrights, etc) and financial issues (donations, server
7 hardware) so that the codemonkey developers don't have to.
8
9 That is why I CCed the trustees when the logo stuff on third party sites
10 came up. I don't think there's any conspiracy to keep the trustees in the
11 dark, but I *do* perceive a lack of communication.
12
13 Plus, america is *notorious* for being a sue-happy litigious society. Even
14 a completely baseless lawsuit against the foundation would probably cost
15 money to defend against. I'll have my side rant about the american legal
16 system later, but for the present topic at hand, I would very much like the
17 trustees to at least be monitoring the situation.
18