From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Daniel "zlg" Campbell
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 17:19:50
1 On Sun, 10 May 2015 11:56:57 +0300 Mikle Kolyada wrote:
2 >
4 > Hash: SHA1
7 > Good morning,
10 > It's my pleasure to announce a new Gentoo developer in our family.
11 >
12 > Daniel "zlg" Campbell is joining us from Centralia, Washington, USA
13 >
14 > and he will be assisting the Games team as a start point. But he is also
15 >
16 > interesting in eudev and OpenRC packages.
19 > Here is how he describes himself:
22 > "I'm originally from the southeastern USA and have been interested in
23 > computers since I was a teenager, when I first started pursuing web
24 > design and pixel art. My first exposure to GNU/Linux was with Knoppix
25 > and Ubuntu in 2005. I later migrated to Arch in 2007 and have been
26 > using Gentoo since 2012.
27 >
28 > My interests are in programming, design, video games, and drawing. The
29 > politics and ethics of Free Software are very interesting to me and
30 > part of what motivates me to do more within the community. Freedom and
31 > choice are important, and I believe Gentoo is the best place to help
32 > that cause.
33 >
34 > Cryptography and privacy-retaining software are also interesting to me.
35 > I would like to attend a keysigning party some time to learn more about
36 > and practice the Web of Trust."
37
38 Welcome aboard, Daniel!
39
40 It is nice to see more people handling game issues. And we have
41 many crypto-related stuff like ongoing (at least I hope so) GnuPG
42 tree verification. Cryptography is really endless area :)
43
44 Best regards,
45 Andrew Savchenko