From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Question about a installer for Gentoo.
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:03:22
1 On Monday, October 11, 2010 04:12:56 Paweł Hajdan, Jr. wrote:
2 > On 10/11/10 9:01 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > all it needs is a maintainer that doesnt suck and keeps the project
4 > > going. so until that happens, nothing is going to change.
5 >
6 > I think it's more than that. Even when it was maintained, the installer
7 > was buggy. An installer which doesn't work hurts the reputation of
8 > Gentoo. Make sure the installer is very solid before it is more broadly
9 > advertised.
10
11 everything has bugs. if they arent getting fixed though, this means the
12 maintainer sucks and so violates my first statement. so i dont think it is
13 much more than what i put forth.
14 -mike