From: zlg <zlg@×××.space>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Formal apology to Michał Górny, Rich Freeman, et al
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 23:26:59
1 I would like to publicly apologize for the aggressive and abusive remarks that I
2 directed at Michał Górny, Rich Freeman, and others during my tenure as a Gentoo
3 developer and Trustee.
4
5 I've spent some time thinking about my involvement in libre software. I allowed
6 my idealism to get the best of me, and trusted evidence presented to me by
7 strangers that was situational and out of context, from conversations that I was
8 not party to. I later learned that my involvement in said group was misguided,
9 and I was used as a convenient tool for social disruption. It doesn't excuse my
10 behavior, however, since it reflected poorly on Gentoo and its Foundation, and
11 created unnecessary strife in a "workplace" of sorts that already has enough
12 stressors.
13
14 To clarify, I only write this much to explain the course of events succinctly,
15 to claim that I was not coerced or legally compelled, and I have made no contact
16 in my absence. (i.e. there's no hidden story) I'm just here to say, "Sorry for
17 being an asshole."
18
19 Sincerely,
20