From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - council meeting 2020-03-08
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 13:51:25
1 >>>>> On Mon, 02 Mar 2020, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > Not sure if this is practically able but technically I see an advantage
4 > from having three distinct states:
5
6 > 1. Deprecation -- tooling warns about them but there are no consequences
7 > for adding new ebuilds.
8
9 > 2. Ban I -- tooling errors out, if developers add new ebuilds
10 > (as in real new ebuilds), we pursue it.
11
12 Does this really occur at a scale that should bother us? The main
13 blocker for removal of old EAPIs are unmaintained ebuilds, and for
14 these any levels of more fine-grained bans won't help.
15
16 > 3. Ban II -- no ebuilds left, CI fatal, immediate revert.
17
18 Ulrich