From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 19:55:35
1 On 31/03/2018 21:06, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > Otherwise Gentoo development can become very insular, in-grown and
3 > detached from reality. This actually allows for a situation to exist
4 > where there is a lot of internal drama, debate and angst between
5 > developers as there is no clear focus for the project and it becomes
6 > difficult to assess what to focus on.
7
8 I share this concern 100% .
9
10 > While you may view user representation as a threat to Gentoo
11 > development efforts, when done right it is actually going to be a
12 > refreshing change that brings a new calmness and focus to the
13 > project and also provides a much-needed positive feedback loop.
14
15 My impression of others' reactions isn't much that it's a threat, just
16 doubting if (as currently proposed) it'd be effective.
17
18 I hope this thread can lead to improvements to Gentoo. I don't think you
19 can continue to push your initial idea without applying the IMO
20 reasonable feedback from the community.
21
22 > Assuming no existing devs want to work on areas of user interest, at
23 > least we will be tracking areas that users would like us to work on,
24 > and new devs can be recruited who want to work on these areas.
25
26 I don't think anyone would be opposed to that. Did you consider leading
27 such a project?
28
29 Paweł