From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Sergey "pinkbyte" Popov
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 18:03:31
1 On 08:26 Fri 31 Aug 2012, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Good morning all,
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce a new Gentoo Developer: Sergey
5 > "pinkbyte" Popov is joining us from Rostov-on-Don, Russia, and he will
6 > be working on netmon, leechcraft and desktop-effects. This probably
7 > means we will have a working compiz again soon! Here is how he
8 > describes himself:
9 >
10 > "I am a system administrator in large, geographically-distributed
11 > company. Besides my primary skills for such work, I write small
12 > opensource tools which eases some my everyday tasks and can be useful
13 > for others. When I am not working, I like to watch anime and playing
14 > around with different software installations(most of them Gentoo-based).
15 > I have been a gentoo user for about 4 years and now I want to make my
16 > experiments(and their results, of course) useful for community."
17 >
18 > Please give him a warm welcome.
19
20 Welcome Sergey!