From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 18:10:29
1 On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:59:12 PM EDT Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 1:14 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
3 >
4 > <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:58:42 PM EDT Rich Freeman wrote:
6 > >> Well, if you have a problem with how Comrel is handling your case
7 > >> today, I suggest you appeal it.
8 > >
9 > > Appeal what? Comrel entirely? What would I be appealing?
10 >
11 > The facts of your case.
12
13 What is my case? That comrel gets involved in recruiting and prevents my
14 return? Appeal the status/label comrel has given me? Appeal the notes comrel
15 has on me? What is my status I would be appealing? What is the decision I am
16 appealing?
17
18 What would I be appealing?
19
20 > If your problem is with how Comrel operates in general, then stop
21 > bringing up your own case because it simply isn't relevant.
22
23 How is my case not relevant to how comrel operates? If anything I am a good
24 case example of comrel's inability to resolve a matter. You know the saying,
25 lead by example... I am the example...
26
27 > If your
28 > problem is with the handling of your case then appeal it, because
29 > nobody on this list can help you.
30
31 Appeal what?
32
33 > The lists are best used for discussing specific proposed reforms or
34 > problems. The sort of problem that can be discussed on a list and be
35 > likely to lead to improvements is "the documentation isn't clear on
36 > how I file an appeal." The sort of problem that isn't likely to get
37 > resolved on a list is "I filed an appeal and didn't get the answer I
38 > wanted."
39
40 It is not the documentation or process, but the topic. What am I appealing?
41 What comrel action am I appealing?
44 William L. Thomson Jr.