From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@g.o
Cc: elections@g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-core <gentoo-core@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Voting for the Council 2011-2012 Election begins
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 04:01:57
Hello folks!

This is a reminder to everyone that you should vote for the 2011
council election before:

July 3rd 23:59:59 UTC*

Which means you have today (2nd July, Saturday) and tomorrow (3rd
July, Sunday) to vote. A total of 48hrs. Don't wait for Monday because
the voting period will be over by then!

The current turnout is just 31%, which is lower than last year, so
please go and vote! People are highly recommended to nag eligible
voters to vote. :-)

Voting instructions can be found in the motd of your home directory on See `votify --help` for more details. The current
election is "council-201106". "_reopen_nominations" is being used in
the current election, which can be treated like any other candidate.

Looking forward to seeing a good turnout!

On behalf of the election officials,

Nirbheek Chauhan

*: voting actually ends on July 4th 00:00:01 UTC, aka 20110704000000UTC.