From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:53:06
1 On 13/11/16 14:22, M. J. Everitt wrote:
2 > On 13/11/16 13:59, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 >> Ultimately I think we need to remember why we're here.
5 >>
6 >> We're not here to run a Foundation.
7 >>
8 >> We're not here to buy and run servers.
9 >>
10 >> We're not even here to run an HR department or be on Council.
11 >>
12 >> We're here to create a Linux distribution. Ultimately all of these
13 >> things need to serve that larger goal.
14 > ^ This .. this cannot be overstated. It seems we frequently lose sight
15 > of this ...
16 Ok Thunderbird kindly mangled my original re-post of this and crashed
17 (wtg Tturd) .. but the thrust was this. In light of the above (which I
18 agree with):-
19
20 Foundation
21 =======
22 Legal entity
23 Deals with finance
24 Deals with compliance
25 Provides Infra
26 Provides/oversees Staff
27
28 Council
29 =====
30 Fulfils aim of Linux Distribution
31 Oversees projects
32 Innovates and develops
33
34 Both are Foundation and Council are elected bodies from the staff
35 electorate.
36
37 Anyone with any objections to this structure?