From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 00:45:41
1 On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 12:51:36 PM EST Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Mon, 05 Dec 2016 16:54:29 -0500
3 >
4 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Nothing polite, no "Hello", "Hi how are you". "How is your day going",
6 > > "please consider the following request". Nothing to start off on a
7 > > positive note. Just jumping in with negativity... There are MANY better
8 > > ways to go about such.
9 > Wait a sec :)
10 >
11 > I was sure I saw you complaining about the lack of thick skin in Developers
12 > :)
13 >
14 > Did I miss something, or is this one of those inconsistencies you're
15 > supposed to dislike.
16
17 Nope you can be polite and insult someone. You can call me what ever you want.
18 If you approach me and want me to consider what you are saying. Then approach
19 matters. Is that not the gripe people have with me? My approach?
20
21 This is the team lead of Gentoo's Community Relations. They should ALWAYS be
22 polite, friendly, etc. Even if insulted, take it and say thank you! When you
23 first contact someone personally, you set the tone.
24
25 Even if the person is totally out of line. Comrel should always lead by
26 example with their conduct. They should be friendly no matter what.
27
28 Maybe take a tone like....
29
30 --------------------------------------------
31 Hey hows it going. You may not be aware but seems like an excessive amount of
32 posts. This may be of concern to others. You may want to consider a time delay
33 or pause. If there are some concerns I could address for you directly off
34 list. I would like to see that your opinions are heard. If there is something
35 that needs to be addressed I can look into it, if that will help. We would
36 like your continued participation but there might be some better ways.
37
38 I am here to help you and try to work with you. We do have things that can be
39 used to throttle things but we really would rather avoid anything negative.
40
41 Thank you for your input and participation. We want to foster and encourage
42 open and constructive dialog. Please just consider this friendly request.
43
44 Have a nice day!
45
49 William L. Thomson Jr.