From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 15:55:51
1 On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 16:45 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 18 May 2008 11:42:08 -0400
3 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > If it's not a GLEP then what is it then? What are we following or not?
6 >
7 > That's already been answered in this thread far too many times. Please
8 > read before posting.
9
10 I have read and re-read. It's only until recent postings/comments are we
11 starting to say this is not a GLEP. It's not part of the Bylaws. So what
12 is it? How official is it? Who enforces it?
13
14 Re-reading, just brings me across more reference to it being a GLEP.
15 Which again, in later threads, it's being mentioned it's not a GLEP.
16 What else do we have document and policy wise?
17
18 Also if it's a constitution, or such for the council. Why is like ~70%
19 of the document, talking about the past. Personal point of view from
20 those writing the document. Things other than what section B is, and
21 declares.
22
23 If more time was spent on clarifying section B, and less on talking
24 about the past, problems, personal input/opinion. Things that would make
25 this a much more official document, what ever it is. Then this mess
26 would not exist, and we would have set policies and procedures to
27 follow. Instead we have a partial punishment, that doesn't mention at
28 all how to go about enforcing it. As in council is stripped of power.
29
30 Does the current council, still hold/wield any power from now until they
31 are replaced? What is the extent/limitations of that power in the
32 intern?
35 William L. Thomson Jr.
36 amd64/Java/Trustees
37 Gentoo Foundation