From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Fwd: -dev list moderation
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 02:05:44
1 Hi I'm Alec from Infra, and I've been working on the moderation we
2 discussed in today's council meeting.
3
4 What I have done is basically:
5
6 Create a git repo to hold the whitelist.
7 Created some integration where we can insert the whitelist into the ML
8 software.
9 Created some wiki documentation.
10 Tested most of this on a test list.
11
12 In doing the testing, I determined it is possible to send a deny message
13 for non-whitelisted posters for the gentoo-dev list. I'm looking for some
14 content for that message.
15
16 In particular it seems like there is a process where people may try to
17 post, get denied, and then are left at a loss for what to do next.
18 I feel like in #gentoo-dev its somewhat more approachable (you just ping a
19 random person and get them to voice you.) But its not like there is a list
20 of devs on the mailing list. Should we be directing these contributors
21 someplace, like the wiki https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Contributing_to_Gentoo
22 or perhaps the proxy-maint project?
23
24 -A