From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 15:31:06
1 On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Unfortunately, it seems that people are misinterpreting this
4
5 I think you're underestimating the people who are participating to
6 this list. They're not all twats like me. Some of us maybe didn't know
7 about the history behind GLEP 39, but thanks to you kindly reminding
8 them they now know. Have you at one point wondered if by any chance
9 they would simply all disagree with you ?
10
11 > it might have been better to document it as 'The Council's Constitution'
12 > or somesuch...
13
14 True. On the other hand it was written as a GLEP. And whatever the
15 history behind it, there is no provision anywhere for a special
16 treatment of GLEP 39. Unless you can tell us where to find this
17 particular policy that I referred to as the eleventh commandment.
18
19 Now let me sum up. You want the council to have a strict application
20 of a policy that was written in a different time for a different issue
21 than the present one. On the other hand, you don't consider the
22 council has enough power to modify a GLEP based on your personal
23 interpretation of the history behind the GLEP in question. We've
24 certainly seen you more consistent than this before.
25
26 Denis.
27 --
28 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list