From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Tinderbox and building everything
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 19:13:01
1 El sáb, 10-05-2014 a las 17:50 +0200, Tom Wijsman escribió:
2 [...]
3 > As for build failures; that boils down to either the maintainer fixing
4 > it as it is their problem, treecleaners cleaning it (but even they have
5 > a long backlog) or someone that is interested to fix it. But in no way
6 > it is QA's problem; as our task is Quality Assurance, which doesn't*
7 > imply fixing maintainer's problems (but does imply m-n / cleaning it).
8 >
9 > * We can try to help to some extent.
12 At least from my point of view (as member or treecleaners), I would
13 welcome the tinderbox as would help to detect more broken packages, some
14 of them really old and that are not going to be fixed but, as nobody
15 uses them, they are broken for a long time without noticing.