From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:29:25
1 On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 12:22 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > One thing I would like to point out....
5 >
6 > "or in more severe cases suspension of developer privileges"
7 >
8 > My case was never severe enough to justify or merit suspending developer
9 > commit privileges for 15 days, that turned into 8+ years. This was supposed to
10 > be reserved for severe cases.
11
12 Everybody on this mailing list falls into one of three categories:
13
14 1. They don't have all the facts regarding whatever happened 8+ years
15 ago regarding your case. (I'm in that category, FWIW.)
16 2. They aren't allowed to post on this list whatever they do know
17 about what happened 8+ years ago.
18 3. You.
19
20 And this is why mailing lists aren't really an effective place to
21 solve these sorts of disputes.
24 > Dis-ban comrel, or revoke their powers they abuse punishing developers, so
25 > people can get back to work and stop with the social bs....
28 I've yet to see a Comrel case appealed that centered around people
29 just doing work. If somebody just submits patches or commits all day
30 long they're not going to have anything to even get involved with.
31 Maybe QA might get involved, but not Comrel. Typically Comrel gets
32 involved because somebody decided to dabble in social bs in the first
33 place.
36 Rich