From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Kristian Fiskerstrand (K_F)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 16:32:31
1 13.08.2014 09:56, Justin (jlec) пишет:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I would like to introduce to you Kristian Fiskerstrand (K_F) as a new
5 > developer and package maintainer.
6 >
7 > He is another longtime user (started using Gentoo a decade ago) who finally
8 > turned into a dev. Contact to the user base and the dev team was always
9 > important to him, for example at the famous FOSDEM dinners, "which was probably
10 > the tipping point" for him to join. I love to see that real life contacts are
11 > bringing the community closer together and motivate contributions.
12 >
13 > He is very much interested in OpenGPG and knows the GnuPG and gnutls
14 > codebase quite well, so he will start* working around these two topics
15 > in the tree. Other contributions he already did, where to the gentoo-keys
16 > project [1] and generally the security project.
19 > Here are some lines from himself:
20 >
21 > I live in Oslo, Norway where I'm working in Finance. I have a wide
22 > variety of hobbies, most notably a few related to computers, in
23 > particular a strong interest in computer security, most focused on
24 > OpenPGP, in which I run the sks-keyservers.net pool of keyservers, and
25 > am one of the upstream developers of SKS. Besides that I'm a connoisseur
26 > of sorts, so you will occasionally hear me rant about cigars, wine,
27 > whisky and food - much of which we enjoy talking about in the cigar
28 > lounge in the late 17th century basement of my cigar store in Oslo.
31 > So please join me in giving him a warm welcome,
32 >
33 > Justin
36 > P.s.
37 > I have to admit that this announcement comes really, really late; too late.
38 > Sorry Kristian and everyone, it simply slipped through.
41 > *)
42 > He already started and did tons of commits.
45 > 1)
46 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo-keys
47 >
48 Welcome aboard Krisitan, glad to see you at security bugs too :)