From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: introducing Gentoo to high-performance computing community
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 11:56:40
1 On 08/23/2016 09:30 AM, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Hi fellows,
3 >
4 > amadio and I have prepared a draft[1] to introduce Gentoo and portage to
5 > the high-performance computing (HPC, or scientific computing) community.
6 > It covers a brief wrap up of Gentoo, several use cases of Gentoo Prefix
7 > on supercomputers (job schedualing, memory profiling and heterogeneous
8 > computing on Intel MIC), and some discussions of HPC package managers.
9 >
10 > We have just submitted it to Third Annual Workshop on HPC User Support
11 > Tools[2], a satellite workshop to the supercomputing conference
12 > 2016[3]. We still have chances to update the manuscript.
13 >
14 > If you are interested, please have a look at the article. We are
15 > looking forward to your critical comments.
16
17 Nice! I haven't read the article yet (added to TODO list), but I
18 certainly like the initiative. Any chance the presentation is
19 streamed/recorded?
22 > Cheers,
23 > Benda
24 >
25 > 1. https://github.com/heroxbd/hust/raw/master/portage.pdf
26 > 2. http://hust16.github.io/
27 > 3. http://sc16.supercomputing.org/
31 Kristian Fiskerstrand
32 OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
33 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3