From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] 'Gentoo in 2020' summary
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 12:01:04
1 On Sun, 2021-01-03 at 09:35 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > I think it would be really great if we could publish a summary of
3 > (good) things that happened in Gentoo in 2020. We weren't able to
4 > maintain Gentoo Weekly Newsletter, nor Monthly. However, we might be
5 > able to manage at least a yearly Newsletter ;-).
6 >
7 > I know I'm going to regret this but I volunteer to take care of
8 > combining and publishing the data. Nevertheless, I'd really appreciate
9 > if you could reply to this mail with ideas of what you think would be
10 > worth listing. I'd also use a native English speaker for editorial
11 > help.
12
13 I've started putting something together at:
14
15 https://gist.github.com/mgorny/660037bf1a7160cceebfe1076870e24c
16
17 > Please reply with your ideas in the form of:
18 >
19 > [sort-key] **A short sentence summarizing the change.** 1-3 sentences
20 > of detailed explanation.
21
22 In the end, I've chosen to go for replacing the sort-key with a visible
23 link-category, e.g.:
24
25 - [Frobnicate](https://wiki.gentoo.org/Frobnicate)
26 **Gentoo now frobnicates everything 10 times faster.**
27 Thanks to the new release of Frobnicate project blah blah blah blah.
32 Best regards,
33 Michał Górny