From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Obituary - avenj
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 22:19:38
1 I've seen the obituary sites take down notices, and I'd like to make
2 sure it's more preserved, so here is a copy of the Obituary text.
3 http://www.michaudfuneralhomeandcrematorium.com/obituaries/Jonathan-Portnoy?obId=1031720#/obituaryInfo
4 ====
5 Obituary for Jonathan Portnoy
6 Jonathan David Portnoy, 29, of Wilton, died August 10, 2016. Computer
7 wizard, vaping expert, faithful friend, and original thinker, he was
8 known for his wit and intellect. He was widely read, had eclectic
9 interests, and willingly shared his knowledge.
10
11 His fascination with computers began at an early age. Totally
12 self-taught, he became a prominent member of several online communities,
13 including IRC White Tower and Gentoo Linux. At 15, Jon was named head of
14 Gentoo Developers Relations. He excelled at software programming, which
15 he pursued on both a freelance and volunteer basis.
16
17 Jon also recently became an e-cigarette aficionado and enjoyed creating
18 a wide variety of unique flavors. He loved kayaking, propagating plants
19 from cuttings, debating politics, and listening to music, especially at
20 an electronic dance music festival.
21
22 Jon will be deeply missed by his parents, William and Diane Portnoy, his
23 brother Joshua, and his friends – locally and online around the world –
24 as well as his vape customers.
25
26 Donations in his memory may be made to the Perl Foundation at
27 https://donate.perlfoundation.org/donate.html
28 ====
29
30 I'll follow up with a copy of the non-family remarks in a few days.
33 Robin Hugh Johnson
34 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer
35 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
36 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
37 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136