From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Resignation
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 04:02:24
1 Hi Daniel,
2
3 Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> writes:
4
5 > After conversing with a few members of the community, I have decided
6 > to remain as a Gentoo Developer. I understand that resignation is not
7 > to be taken lightly. However, it's pointless for me to throw away my
8 > effort just because others may not like what I do.
9 >
10 > [...]
11
12 I have been reflecting about the issues you experienced. The political
13 structure of Gentoo has been flattened. A single person mistreating
14 you, regardless of his influence, is just from a single person. Don't
15 be demotivated by an exception.
16
17 > As for developership, I don't expect any special treatment, like
18 > giving "my" packages back or anything of the sort. I'm going devaway
19 > for at least one month to reconsider my efforts and refocus.
20
21 That's a reasonable move to clam down. I sincerely wish that you
22 develop an intrinsic value with Gentoo during your devaway. An intrinsic
23 value that peer validation only have an iota of impact.
24
25 Happy new year and best regards for 2018.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Benda