From: Michal Hrusecky <miska@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo mini-summit
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 12:03:18
1 Michal Hrusecky - 10:39 19.05.12 wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > we're given a unique opportunity to have a Gentoo mini-conference / workshop in
5 > Prague, CZ. In short, Michal Hrusecky and me (both Gentoo developers and SUSE
6 > employees) are going to organize the annual openSUSE conference, and this year
7 > we are going to co-host it with a local Czech conference. After a short talk
8 > with the guys, they are going to give us a room for a weekend, for Gentoo
9 > presentations / workshops. Apart from having room to do our stuff just between
10 > us, we can do workshops and introductions to Gentoo for other people attending
11 > the conference and promote Gentoo in general. And by the way, the University
12 > servers and desktops are running mostly on Gentoo!
13 >
14 > Along with that, there are going to be some parties and other fun activities
15 > (eg city tour) during those days. I would like very much to have a gathering of
16 > the Developer community mostly, so we can hack together and lower our buglists!
17 >
18 > I'd like to know what our community thinks about that though, if you want to
19 > come, to help etc, since I don't want to organize it and be there by myself :)
20 >
21 > You can find some more information here:
22 > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-conference/2012-04/msg00029.html
23 >
24 > PS: We'll try to get buses from Germany in lower prices, since many Gentoo and
25 > SUSE/openSUSE people live there
26 >
27 > PPS: Originally written by Theo 'tampakrap' Chatzimichos, but haven't reached
28 > mailing list so I'm resending it, therefor 's|I|Theo|g'
31 Ok, a little bit more information if anybody is considering whether to
32 come or not (please express you opinions, so Theo will get more
33 feedback), I spoke with guy from university, they are just migrating
34 their last Solaris servers to Gentoo and they are really excited about
35 having at least Gentoo track on the conference. So audience is not a
36 problem as plenty of students and teachers is using Gentoo everyday
37 there ;-) But we would really love to have more people excited about
38 the idea and coming.
41 Michal Hrusecky <miska@g.o>