From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 20:39:59
1 On 13/10/16 16:41, NP-Hardass wrote:
2 > On 10/13/2016 11:34 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 11:18 AM, NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> And I said nothing about limiting or expanding Foundation influence. I
5 >>> merely said that the Foundation takes the official stance of endorsing
6 >>> Council as an insititution as defined by GLEP 39 to handle certain
7 >>> aspects of Gentoo at this time.
8 >>>
9 >> I think that we're conflating legal standing with the reality that
10 >> we're a community-based distro.
11 > Yeah, I'm not attempting to go that deep. I'm just saying that if the
12 > Foundation feels it to be helpful, they can official endorse the Council
13 > and GLEP:39 to govern day to day operations of Gentoo. By endorse, I
14 > mean say "We recognize the developer community's decision to self govern
15 > day to day operations and will support them at this time in that
16 > decision using the currently defined structure based on GLEP:39 as
17 > necessary." Endorsement done, nothing fancy, just stating approval of
18 > the current situation.
19 >
20 +1