From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Upcoming council meeting - Tuesday, 1st of February, 2000 UTC
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:19:58
1 * Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o>:
2 > On 01/26/2011 08:50 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
3 > > On 1/26/11 3:33 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
4 > >> Meeting agenda:
5 > >> * GLEP 48 (QA)
6 > >
7 > I think we should apply the same rules to GLEP changes as to new GLEPs.
8 > Then we have this coming from GLEP 1:
9 >
10 > "GLEP authors are responsible for collecting community feedback on a
11 > GLEP before submitting it for review. A GLEP that has not been discussed
12 > on gentoo-dev@g.o and/or the Gentoo Linux forums [7] will not be
13 > accepted"
14 >
15 > As the GLEP predates gentoo-project I think this mailing list is proper
16 > too. Paweł's comment shows that just a gentoo-qa mailing will not get
17 > you enough exposure to ensure the wider community has had a chance to
18 > comment on the changes. For this reason I think the item should be
19 > postponed to the next meeting.
20
21 I agree. Let's give the community a chance to comment.
22
23 I also see the downside of the GLEP process:
24 If you run "Developer Relations" - a project not being backed up by a
25 GLEP - you can change the policy as you like and don't have to ask for
26 feedback from the community at all [1].
27
28 I hope we can agree that feedback is good -- required by the GLEP
29 process or not.
30
31 [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/54639