From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo presence on Google+ pages?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 23:38:57
1 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) schrieb:
3 >>> Got it. I also found a couple others. I'll have to weed out the
4 >>> impostors at some point.
5 >> Maybe PR should try to offer links to the official accounts/facebook
6 >> pages/insert social network here so users don't get confused.
7 >
8 > It seems that there is no limit on the number of pages which can be
9 > named "Gentoo". So the fears I expressed in my original posting were
10 > unfounded.
11 >
12 > It seems that at this time, a3li's page has the highest number of
13 > followers. So I guess we can use his page going forward.
14 > https://plus.google.com/101184229781272153227
15 >
16 > To make "+gentoo" work in the Google search field, direct connect must
17 > be enabled in the account. If I understand the description correctly,
18 > there needs to be some link from the Gentoo website to the Google+ page.
19 > http://www.google.com/support/plus/bin/answer.py?p=direct_connect&answer=1711199
22 > Best regards,
23 > Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
27 I may be one of those followers. I will remove the ones that are not
28 official as soon as I figure out which is which. I just added all the
29 ones in the Gentoo results that seemed related.
30
31 I can't help but notice they are using the Gentoo "G" thingy tho. It
32 would be nice if only the official page used that.
33
34 Dale
35