From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:11:53
1 >>>>> On Sun, 03 Aug 2014, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2
3 > On 03/08/14 11:55, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
4 >> Do I get this right, you want the eselect module move files
5 >> installed by a package to another directory, effectively making
6 >> them orphans?
7
8 > Of course it would require a pkg_postrm() phase that cleans up
9 > possible orphans
10
11 Still, this would be very bad design.
12
13 > But mgorny pointed out another solution in this thread, "Wouldn't it
14 > be better to generate exclude commands in bashrc?"
15 > And the answer to that would be "yes, of course"
16
17 Can you remind me what was wrong with the current method, namely using
18 symlinks?
19
20 Ulrich